At about 9:30 pm Thursday night at Nyagasang area, Atimbo Calabar thirty person died of electrocution, fifty left injured while watching a match between Manchester United and Andelchet at a viewing centre.
It was reported that the transformer blew twice, the first scare led many to retreat to their homes while others stayed behind. The second time, the transformer exploded and the wire landed on the screen which was made of Zinc causing the electrocution.
an eyewitness said that about fifty people escaped the electrocution because they watched the game from the gate.
The State Police Public Relation Officer in an interview confirmed the incident. Chief Medical Director of the hospital is to release a statement of report later today.